CHELSEA FC REIMAGINED DIGITAL PLATFORMS
Chelsea FC boasts one of the world’s biggest fan bases in the world, so they came to us when they wanted to design a premier digital platform for its fans. iX.co was asked to create a data-driven bespoke digital product strategy, and revamp all of Chelsea’s digital platforms in advance of the 2018-2019 season.
As part of this comprehensive redesign for Chelsea, we:
- Led numerous strategic sessions, including stakeholder interviews, to inform the platform’s look, feel and function
- Provided research-driven insights on user journeys that helped amplify fan engagement and monetization opportunities before, during and after matches
- Implemented legacy data to add to the robust match detail and statistics, results and standings portals
- Integrated numerous third-party solutions including ticketing, merchandise, video, social and news feeds
Chelsea’s new flagship website, launched in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, and Indonesian, features a refreshed and intuitive visual system and a robust social media hub.
The revamped site is intuitive, sleek and fan-centric.
- A comprehensive match report featuring news, commentary, videos, lineups and statistics
- A robust social media hub
- A live stream of Chelsea TV and additional commercial opportunities, including sponsorship integration
- Intuitive ticket portal to drive converstions
The 5th Stand: The power of a fan centric-app
In addition to re-launching Chelsea’s flagship site, we launched the 5th Stand, a fan-focused mobile app that gives fans unprecedented access to the club. Using the app, Chelsea FC fans around the globe can experience the thrill of watching matches live within the app.
Beyond broadcasting live games with commentary, fans get access to exclusive content like interviews, match reports, and a comprehensive library of videos, so fans can catch up on past games or watch archival footage of epic games. The app is more than just a tool, it’s a community for Chelsea fans, through the ‘Connect’ feature, fans can interact with their local supporter groups, and chat with other fans. To date, there have been more than 1 million downloads of the 5th Stand.
Chelsea, winners of the 2017-2018 Football Association Cup and 2016-2017 Premier League Championship, boast one of the largest fan bases with over 150 million fans worldwide. Chelsea FC and iX.co remain engaged on various other digital initiatives to date.